st: computing compensating variation from QUAIDS

From   Robin Winkler <[email protected]>
To   statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   st: computing compensating variation from QUAIDS
Date   Thu, 17 Oct 2013 11:29:35 +0100

Hi all,

I have estimated a QUAIDS model with demographics for two separate years
(before and after a policy change I'm assessing). I would like to compute
the compensating (or, alternatively, equivalent) variation from my
parameter estimates. My algebra is letting me down, though, and I'm not
sure how to get this estimate for QUAIDS with demographics. Might anyone
have some code to estimate CV from this model, even if just for QUAIDS
without demographics?

Many thanks and best wishes,

Robin