st: Computing margins for a subpop in svy with BRR weights

From   "Carpiano , Richard" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Computing margins for a subpop in svy with BRR weights
Date   Wed, 16 Oct 2013 08:17:40 +0000

Dear Stata List members,

Greetings.  I am writing to inquire about properly specifying syntax for computing margins for a subpop in a svyset datafile.  To be sure, I have attempted to be as succinct as possible in this note, but it is a little tough given the nature of the problem.

I am trying to compute average marginal effects on a subpop from a svyset datafile that uses brr weights.  Though replication weights are not supported with the margins command, Stata 13's manual on page 114 (under svy postestimation) provides programming code that one can run to obtain those margin estimates.  Here is that program syntax from the manual:

program mymargins, eclass
version 13
syntax anything [if] [iw pw]
if "`weight'" !=3D "" {