Re: st: How to re-program -save9- for Stata 13?

Subject   Re: st: How to re-program -save9- for Stata 13?
Date   Tue, 15 Oct 2013 12:43:49 -0400

If the original poster wanted to have Stata 9 files for reading them
into SPSS _and_ has access to Stat/Transfer, then the logical way to
go is to convert from Stata (any version *.dta) to SPSS (*.sav) with
Stat/Transfer, and not to older version of Stata format. Newer SPSS
format is superior to the older Stata formats, at least to the parts
which are known to me.

Didn't want to hijack this conversation/divert it to SPSS. How many
users wish to have -save9-?
The current version appears to have generated 15 downloads since April 2011:
http://logec.repec.org/scripts/paperstat.pf?h=RePEc:boc:bocode:s457269

2Nick: data availability in SPSS, inertia of already being familiar
with this package, and possibly a collection of already working and
debugged scripts appear to be a most commonly cited reasons by some of
the people around.

Best, Sergiy