RE: st: Tests of overidentifying restrictions with -ivregress-

From   DE SOUZA Eric <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Tests of overidentifying restrictions with -ivregress-
Date   Tue, 15 Oct 2013 17:04:15 +0200

That is why it is called a test of over-identifying restrictions and not a test of exogeneity. Though, you are right that many think it is a test of exogeneity.

Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Santos Silva, Joao M C
Sent: 15 October 2013 16:43
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: st: Tests of overidentifying restrictions with -ivregress-

Dear All,

I have been following this discussion with interest and I think people tend to read too much into the results of the overid test. Passing the test gives no information on whether the instruments identify the parameters of interest.
I guess this is now a well-known results, but we provide examples in this short paper:  http://bit.ly/18gLPeL

Hope this helps,

Joao