st: FW: appropriateness of cluster option with xtreg, re

From   Eva Wölbert <[email protected]>
Subject   st: FW: appropriateness of cluster option with xtreg, re
Date   Mon, 14 Oct 2013 23:03:54 +0200

Hi Federico,

thanks a lot for taking the time to answer my question, that makes sense to me.

As specifiying cluster(panelvar) in my case reduces the standard errors, I would like to make sure that I am not doing anything wrong. I have an experimental dataset with 2200 observations, that is 44 observations for each of 50 subjects.

My main predictors are dummies, one varies within subject, and one between subjects.

Is my dataset large enough for clustered standard errors? An what should I conclude about the data from the fact that standard errors go down when clustering?

Thanks,
Eva