Re: st: Estimating MNL model

To   [email protected], "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Estimating MNL model
Date   Fri, 11 Oct 2013 16:15:50 -0500

Like Maarten, I am not totally sure what you want. But, Long and Freese do have an entire chapter on "Models for nominal outcomes with alternative specific data." Among other things they talk about the clogit command. They also describe various utilities for setting the data up and interpreting the results.

For more, see

http://www.stata.com/bookstore/regression-models-categorical-dependent-variables/

See especially chapter 7 and maybe chapter 6. My best guess is that you especially want

7.2.5 Using clogit with case- and alternative-specific variables

If you type -findit spost9- you can get the programs used in the book.

If this isn't the sort of thing you are looking for, then please provide additional details.

As a sidelight I have read various descriptions of the clogit command -- Long & Freese's, and using clogit for fixed effects models -- and it sort of amazes me that they are talking about the same command, as the uses seem radically different.