st: R: Meta-Analysis of Proportions

From   "Carlo Lazzaro" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: R: Meta-Analysis of Proportions
Date   Fri, 11 Oct 2013 11:41:42 +0200

Chamberlain may want to type -search metan- and take a look at the resulting
entries:
search for metan
(manual:  [R] search)

          Search:  (1) Official help files, FAQs, Examples, SJs, and STBs

Search of official help files, FAQs, Examples, SJs, and STBs

Book    . Meta-Analysis in Stata: An Updated Collection from the Stata
Journal
        . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Jonathan A. C. Sterne
(editor)
        http://www.stata.com/bookstore/meta-analysis-in-stata/

FAQ     . . . . . . . . . . . User-written packages for meta-analysis in
Stata
        . . . . . . . . . .  J. Sterne, R. Harris, R. Harbord, and T.
Steichen
        7/11    What meta-analysis features are available in
                Stata?
                http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/statistics/meta-analysis/
Eventually, I find the following reference interesting for getting a sound
theoretical background in meta-analysis:
Alexander J. Sutton, Keith R. Abrams, David R Jones, Trevor A. Sheldon,
Fujian Song. Methods for Meta-Analysis in Medical Research. Wiley, October
2000. ISBN: 978-0-471-49066-1 (please, see
http://eu.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-0471490660.html).

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Carlo