st: Printing exact -regress- results to LaTeX

From   Christopher Baum <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Printing exact -regress- results to LaTeX
Date   Tue, 8 Oct 2013 11:01:11 +0000

<>
Geoff said

> I have tried estout, esttab, latab, outtex, outreg2, outtable, texdoc, and sjlatex, but I cannot seem to find a way to print the table exactly as it is output.  Instead, I get tables that only have the coefficient and std. error, or the coefficient, N, F, and R-squared, etc.  I want it formatted in a nice LaTeX table, but I would like *all* the statistics output by -regress-.
>
> I apologize for this rather introductory question, but I have perused Google with all sorts of variations of keywords (as well as the Getting Started with Stata manual) and cannot find an answer.  I am using Stata 13.

search sjlog   and install

In a do-file:

sjlog using regout, replace
regress (whatever)
sjlog close, replace

will create a LaTeX file with the regress output. This is the method used by Stata Journal and Stata Press authors to produce exact copies of their full Stata output for inclusion in an article or book.

KIt

Kit Baum
Professor of Economics and Social Work, Boston College, Chestnut Hill MA, USA
DIW Research Professor, Department of Macroeconomics, DIW Berlin, Berlin, Germany
[email protected]  |  http://ideas.repec.org/e/pba1.html