st: RE: Problem with variables in glamm

From   Nirup M Menon <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Problem with variables in glamm
Date   Mon, 7 Oct 2013 12:43:59 +0000

Alice,
How many participants do you have? And approx. how many observations per participant?

if you have used the 'trace' option, it might help if you show the trace output to us.

Nirup

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Alice Dalton (MED)
Sent: Monday, October 07, 2013 7:54 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: Problem with variables in glamm

Dear Statlist,

I'm having a problem with the gllamm program (family(binomial) link(logit)).

1. My dependant variable (a proportion) will only work if the variable contains a zero, otherwise I get an r(2000) (no observations) error

2. Adding binary explanatory variables (eg a health variable where 1 excellent, 0 not excellent) results in the message 'variables have been dropped, can't continue' and an r(198) error. The null model works; the null model works with continuous variables added in; the null model plus one or more binary variables fails.

The command I am using is     gllamm  [depvar] [varlist], i(ParticipantId) family(binomial) link(logit). I have 276 cases and 129 variables (not all of which are added to the model).

If anyone with experience of gllamm has an idea of what is happening here, I would be most grateful to hear it.

Thank you!

Alice Dalton