Re: st: Univariate distribution graphs in a twoway environment?

From   Phil Clayton <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Univariate distribution graphs in a twoway environment?
Date   Mon, 7 Oct 2013 23:02:03 +1100

How is something like this? You can use -kdensity- to generate variables that form the basis of a graph.

clear
set obs 5
gen group=_n
expand 100
gen x=rnormal(group, 0.5)
forvalues i=1/5 {
	kdensity x if group==`i', gen(k_`i'_x k_`i'_d) nograph
	replace k_`i'_d=k_`i'_d + `i' - 0.5
	local line `line' line k_`i'_d k_`i'_x ||
}
twoway `line', ylab(1/5) ytitle(Group) legend(off)

Phil