st: Using/Accessing discriminant function scores?

From   "Wilson, Kimberly J" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Using/Accessing discriminant function scores?
Date   Thu, 3 Oct 2013 12:17:33 -0500

I am running some discriminant function analyses in STATA.  I've run the core analyses using the candisc function.

I've got more than 2 groups so need to test which groups significantly differ from one another on the function means (group centroids) using oneway ANOVA and either the Scheffe or Bonferroni option.
In order to do that, however, I need to know how individual respondents score on each of the discriminant functions.
The candisc function provides a table of the by-group means on each of the functions, so I know that the information I need must be saved somewhere, but cannot figure it out from the STATA manual or help files.

Thus far, I've been calculating the scores manually from the standardized canonical DF coefficients.  But we've got 12 potentially discriminating variables & 2 functions, and I'd like to minimize the chances of mistakes by generating the scores calculated by STATA.  If anyone knows how to do this, I'd appreciate your insights.

Kim Wilson, MPIA
2012-2013 Dell Health Scholar
Michael & Susan Dell Center for Healthy Living
University of Texas School of Public Health
Austin Regional Campus
1616 Guadalupe Street, Suite 6.330, Austin, TX 78701
[email protected]
cell: 412/ 719.9555