st: creating tables using xml_tab

From   Jesse Mora <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: creating tables using xml_tab
Date   Tue, 24 Sep 2013 12:21:48 -0700

I'm trying to create regression results tables using the xml_tab
command, but I am unable to figure out a few minor issues.  I don't
have any of these issues with outreg2. However, outreg2 doesn't, to my
knowledge, allow me to create "sheets" in an excel to append various
tables within the same file; something that I really want to do.

1) Covariates that are omitted because of collinearity in a regression
appear on a separate row with "o.variablename" added (see example
below).  How can I prevent this? or how can I make the results (ie.
the "dropped")  appear in the same row as the other models? This only
happens when the unnecessary covariate is included in the model. I
want to include it in the models so that "dropped" appears, plus not
including it in a model is very tedious because I currently have a
loop that works for all the models.

              (Model 1)    (Model 2)     (Model 3)
p_diff       -0.042         -0.102
               (0.069)        (0.087)
o.p_diff                                       (dropped)

2) Add a row at the end of the table with values for each regression.
For example, I want the last row to say "Firm Fixed Effects?" in the
first column and then Yes or No for the various models.

3) Rename stats titles in table. For example, change N_clust to "Number of
clusters" or change r2_w to "Within R^2".

Thanks in advance,

Jesse