Re: st: difficulty in understanding link function in glm

Subject   Re: st: difficulty in understanding link function in glm
Date   Thu, 19 Sep 2013 13:20:04 -0400

Reza Yousefi Nooraie <[email protected]>:
Yes, you misunderstood. Using transformed y and the identity link assumes
E(lny|X)=Xb
but using y and the log link assumes
ln[ E(y|X) ]=Xb
and these are not the same thing. Only one makes sense when y can be
zero or negative. See

http://www.stata.com/meeting/boston10/boston10_nichols.pdf
http://blog.stata.com/2011/08/22/use-poisson-rather-than-regress-tell-a-friend/