Re: st: Stata 13 Compatibility

Subject   Re: st: Stata 13 Compatibility
Date   Wed, 18 Sep 2013 15:45:12 -0400

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 3:00 PM, Radwin, David <[email protected]> wrote:
> You could use -saveold- in Stata 13 to save a file in Stata 12/11
> format, if that helps.

1. That would require having full version of Stata 13, which Erika
does not have,
otherwise she would not be looking for the Stata 13 files in the internet, but
rather generate them herself.
In the absence of Stata 13, StatTransfer seems also a valid option, and it is
cheaper then the full version of Stata.

2. That would also mean losing all the additional features added in the Stata 13
format (long strings supported in SPSS).

3. Erika might want to describe her setup a bit more precisely, as there are
usually many ways to transfer the data between two systems.

Sergiy.