Re: st: pasting into stata

From   Drew Reed <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: pasting into stata
Date   Wed, 18 Sep 2013 14:22:56 +0200

I have a panel dataset with 72 different entities, each with 2813
observations. I created dummies for credit rating news announcements
for each entity in Stata. Basically, I have collapsed the data within
Stata to create a new set of 2813 observations, where all of the
events for each entity is accounted for. The data might look like
this...

Entity       Time      Event       Collapsed_event
1                1             0                       1
1                2             1                       1
1                3             0                       0
1                4             0                       0
1                5             0                       1
2                1             1
2                2             1
2                3             0
2                4             0
2                5             0
3                1             0
3                2             0
3                3             0
3                4             0
3                5             1

In Stata I can copy this collapsed event but then I need to paste it
into each entity's observation range. Is there some sort of paste
command that will allow me to save this collapsed output and then
paste for each entity? I hope this visualization helped clear up
anything and yes I agree, Stata is the easiest data modification tool
I've used so therefore I'd like to keep things in Stata and not fool
around with Excel.