Re: st: catching variable mismatch in the data

From   Paul Byatta <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: catching variable mismatch in the data
Date   Fri, 13 Sep 2013 05:21:30 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the help.

The correction you recommend seems to be working well, ie it is catching the presence of the variable/s as I want.

The only hitch is that the dofile doesnt exit when the variables v4??? are present, despite there being an -exit- command. It displays the error message but continues with the rest of the commands in the dofile. What could I be doing wrong? Below is how I have incorporated the command lines.

           cap noi ds v4???
            if `"`r(varlist)'"' != "" {
            display as err "There is a mismatch between variable names in the data"
            exit
             }

Thanks
Paul