Re: st: Fixed Effects Model and Year Dummies

From   Andrew Reed <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Fixed Effects Model and Year Dummies
Date   Fri, 13 Sep 2013 14:07:57 +0200

Hi Jed,

Thanks for your response. I am modeling how exchange rates respond to credit rating agency news announcements from September 2000 until November 2011. I have a structural break in October 2006 where all time before coincides with a pre-crisis period and everything after is defined as being part of the European sovereign debt crisis.

What do you mean by indicator variables, however? I believe my friend has run a regression like this, which she showed me last week but I can't quite remember the formulation...I believe had i's at the end of her regression line. If you would be so kind as to maybe describe this process so that I might adopt it as well, I'd be very grateful.

Drew