Re: st: Cross-section regression with fixed effects

Subject   Re: st: Cross-section regression with fixed effects
Date   Mon, 9 Sep 2013 13:04:33 -0400

Cecilia Dassatti <[email protected]>
That should work fine, as would:

xtset deudor
xtreg depvar indepvars, fe vce(cluster bank)

and the VCE will be adjusted automatically for the #clusters in bank.

But you are apparently selecting on the depvar:
"change in the log of strictly positive loans"
which is not allowed.  You should be including zeros in loans, and
negative values if they exist in the data.

You can still work on the log scale if you change your
assumptions--see page 3 of
http://www.stata.com/meeting/boston10/boston10_nichols.pdf
To get to the change in the log, you can model log(y) at t as a
function of log(y) at t-1, i.e. put the lag on the RHS (if it has a
coef of one, then this is the same as the regression with the
difference in logs as the outcome). Then you are allowed to select on
the RHS, so you can run a GLM of y on the log of the lag, dropping
cases where the lag is zero or negative.