st: repeated time values within panel

From   "Momplaisir, Florence" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: repeated time values within panel
Date   Thu, 5 Sep 2013 14:37:44 +0000

Hello,

I'm working with a longitudinal dataset using surveillance data on HIV+ women during pregnancy and at delivery. In the dataset, women have multiple pregnancies and some have multiplets (twins, triplets etc). I'm using the xtset command to run a regression with the woman (Stateno variable) and the year as the time variable. Here is the error I found:

xtset Stateno birthyr
repeated time values within panel
r(451);

And this is because I have twins that have repeated time values, i.e. repeated time measures. How do I get ride of that duplicate without deleting from the dataset?

Florence

Florence Momplaisir, MD MSHP
Infectious Diseases Fellow
Temple University Hospital

This electronic message is intended to be for the use of the named recipient, and may contain information that is confidential or privileged. This communication may contain protected health information (PHI) that is legally protected from inappropriate disclosure by the Privacy Standards of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and relevant Pennsylvania Laws. You can direct questions concerning PHI or HIPAA to the Corporate Compliance and Privacy Officer at (215) 707-5605. If you are not the intended recipient, please note that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, you should notify the sender immediately by telephone or by return e-mail and delete and destroy all copies of this message.