st: mancova with weighted survey data?

From   "Fox-Galalis, Annie B." <[email protected]>
Subject   st: mancova with weighted survey data?
Date   Thu, 5 Sep 2013 09:36:58 -0400

Hello Statalist!

I am very new to Stata and am using version 10.  I need to run a MANCOVA  with 5 DVs (5 different measures of stigma), one 2-level IV (PTSD or No PTSD), and a continuous covariate (social desirability), but using weighted survey data.   We are trying to figure out if people with PTSD have higher levels of stigma than people without PTSD, controlling for social desirability.  Correlations between the stigma measures vary between .37-.63.

For other analyses, I have used the -svy- command, but have quickly figured out that I cannot do the -manova-  with -svy-.  I have done some digging in various help menus and google, but haven't yet found a workaround for how to do this analysis.   I thought that I might be able to do the regular -manova- command and add the
-pweights- command,  but that didn't work/isn't allowed by the program.

If anyone has any suggestions, workarounds or syntax for how I could do this analysis, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Annie Fox