Re: st: about residuals and coefficients

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: about residuals and coefficients
Date   Thu, 5 Sep 2013 11:03:19 +0100

The Gaussian is usually attributed to de Moivre. That's a bit of a
stretch, though. I'll have to read the book you cited.

My recollection is that Einstein really does deserve all the credit he
gets for special and general relativity. The main problem with
Einstein's reputation is comparatively trivial, the number of
misattributed quotations encapsulating some homespun philosophy.