Re: st: Features for Stata 14

To   [email protected], "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Features for Stata 14
Date   Mon, 02 Sep 2013 18:12:57 -0400

Good idea. I will add

* Easier use of margins and marginsplot with multiple-outcome commands like mlogit and ologit. All this having to add predict(outcome(#1)), predict(outcome(#2)), etc. is a real pain. The user written routines -mfx2- and -margeff- made efforts to simplify things but overall they can't match the many other things margins can do.

* Have factor variables support more functions of variables, e.g. log(x), square root(x), x/y, etc.

* More foolproof installation procedures for network administrators who know nothing about Stata. Why? My classroom did not have Stata, so I requested it. So, they gave me Stata 12 and I said I wanted 12.1. I'm not sure what they did, but rather than follow my -update all- instructions they did something else and now I have this weird hybrid of Stata 12 and 12.1. This isn't of much use to me because I get a fatal error when I run a regress command! Installing and updating seems pretty easy to me but if you can make it even easier for people who have to install dozens of different programs that would be nice.