Re: st: Multinomial Logit with Panel Data using GLLAMM

Subject   Re: st: Multinomial Logit with Panel Data using GLLAMM
Date   Sun, 01 Sep 2013 18:19:31 -0500

At 04:53 PM 9/1/2013, Fen Zhao wrote:
Apologies!  First time using the Statalist!  My full name is Fen Zhao,
and I'm a computational astrophysicist by training but doing some
econometric analysis for fun on the side.  Thanks to the Stata
community for bearing with me while I'm learning.

I assume you have already seen it, but if not the gllamm web page has lots of papers, FAQs, and worked examples.

http://www.gllamm.org/

As far as referencing software, it is usually enough to say you downloaded it from SSC, or whatever site you got it from. That is especially important if, say, the -findit- command turns up multiple versions of a program; or no versions at all, because you got it from somebody's personal site that isn't indexed by findit.

Not sure how you'd like me to reference user-written software-- I
checked http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/resources/statalist-faq/ but
it wasn't explict on referencing.  If it helps, the link on is
http://ideas.repec.org/c/boc/bocode/s401701.html on SSC.

Any additional suggestions for resources, or a particular pointer to
within the lengthy GLLAMM documentation for multinomial logit would be
extremely helpful.

Cheers,
Fen Zhao