Re: st: Nemenyi test

From   Célia Dechavanne <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Nemenyi test
Date   Fri, 30 Aug 2013 09:26:53 +0200

Dear all,

Thank you for your answers. As I said I'm not a statistician.
I have just one quantitative variable (specific antibody measures) for 5 groups (women primigravid/multigravid that are not infected/infected and a negative control). I just want to know if there is a difference of the antibody rate between the groups. As the number of women by group is small, I choose a KW to test if there is a difference between the 5 groups. The p was <0.001. Now, I would like to know what is the group "responsible" for the difference, that's why I would like to perform a test 2 by 2. I thought that the Nemenyi test was the good one (advise from a statistician) but I didn't find anything to perform this test with Stata. Thus I perform a oneway, but there was no significant difference between the groups (2 by 2). This appears as illogical, so I guess that I realized a mistake choosing oneway. Am I wrong?
Thanks for your help and your patience

Celia