RE: st: Question about comparing sqreg models

From   "Santos Silva, J.M.C." <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Question about comparing sqreg models
Date   Thu, 22 Aug 2013 12:55:11 +0100

Dear Milena,

I am afraid your problem is more serious than that: the quantile regression
estimator implemented in sqreg (and in qreg and so on) is valid only if the
dependent variable is continuous, which is not the case in your application.
Also, your data is bounded and it may be inappropriate to use a linear
model. So, it is not clear that any of your regressions will give you sensible
results.

All the best,

Joao