Re: st: RE: Variable name length limit

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: RE: Variable name length limit
Date   Tue, 20 Aug 2013 16:20:24 +0100

-renvars- (SJ) can make renaming easier, especially if you are on
Stata <12. But here where the problem is very long names, you are
still going to have do essentially all the thinking.

People new to Stata 12 or 13 should look at -rename-. The only reason
for sticking with -renvars- is if you remember its syntax and find it
convenient. The authors never got any royalties, so won't be deprived
by your switching to rename.