Re: st: How to correctly code categorical variables effects in FE/RE model

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: How to correctly code categorical variables effects in FE/RE model
Date   Tue, 20 Aug 2013 14:33:37 +0100

It's fine to cite Wikipedia whenever it's correct, but you leave open
what it is that you think you are doing wrong.

As I understand it, given a series of years, the first will usually be
taken as base year.
If you want something is, you just to spell out what you want. There
isn't a single correct way and the choice is as much scientific (in
your case economic) as statistical.

It seems odd to me that you have quarterly data and chose to average
over the quarters, but that is a different question.