RE: st: mergepoly error

From   "Bowser, William (IITA)" <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: mergepoly error
Date   Sun, 18 Aug 2013 15:46:31 +0000

Great! Thank you for your help!

William

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Robert Picard
Sent: 18 August 2013 02:29 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: mergepoly error

The error code is generic and indicates that -mergepoly- could not merge the polygons.

I just completely rewrote -mergepoly- to allow for merging of polygons by attribute groups. For example, if you have a shapefile of U.S.
state boundaries, you can match each state with its Census Region and then merge state boundaries by region.

The new version also handles several corner cases (literally) that the original version could not. The error handling and reporting has also been beefed-up. I'm going to send the new version to Kit Baum for upload to SSC in the next few days. In the mean time, I'm sending to William the new version by email. Hopefully, that will solve his problem.