st: (Un)Standardized coefficients after xtreg,fe vce (cluster id)

From   "A. Vlachaki" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: (Un)Standardized coefficients after xtreg,fe vce (cluster id)
Date   Sat, 17 Aug 2013 16:34:45 +0000

Dear Statalist users,

I would like to run a regression in STATA 12 using the fixed effects estimator with clustered errors. The command I use is:

xtreg y x z*, fe cluster(countryid)

Where y is the natural logarithm of energy use, x is the natural logarithm of GDP and z* are year dummies. My unbalanced panel conists of 136 countries for 31 years.

Given that b1, the coefficient of GDP, is the elasticity of energy with respect to GDP, I would ideally like to retrieve the unstandardized b1 for each country and each year, since my target is to use the elasticities as an independent variable for another regression.

So far I cannot get any coefficient, standardized or unstandardized. I have searched the FAQs and my understanding is that the -beta option for the standardized coefficient does not work after xtreg.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

In any case thank you very much for your time.

Kind regards,

Mina