st: pooling again

From   Andrew Reed <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: pooling again
Date   Sat, 17 Aug 2013 15:22:37 +0200

I have 79 unique entity identifiers that correspond to different banks and countries. I currently have an event dummy variable coded for each entity and would like to create a modified form of this. The form I would like is the sum all of the events for all of the entities outside of the one entity the variable is being formed for.

An example. In creating this new variable for Sweden, I would include all of the events for countries that are not Sweden. Then going to the next entity, let's say SEB bank, I would include all of the events that are not SEB bank, thus Swedish events would be included in this variable for SEB Bank but not for Sweden itself. I hope that makes sense. But it would go on and on.

I'm playing around with the sum command as well as playing with the numerical identifiers but if someone has a quick and obvious answer I would greatly appreciate this.

Sincerely,

Andrew Wilson Reed