st: PSM: Balance diagnostics using the empirical sampling distribution of the standardized difference

From   Lukas Borkowski <[email protected]>
Subject   st: PSM: Balance diagnostics using the empirical sampling distribution of the standardized difference
Date   Wed, 14 Aug 2013 14:31:36 +0200

Dear list,

based on this statalist post (http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2013-01/msg00516.html) I have read Austin, P.C. (2009) on how to check the balancing properties of the covariates between matched treated and untreated observations after PSM using the empirical sampling distribution of the standardized difference as alternative to t-tests. I was wondering whether there is a Stata command (user-written or else) to run this approach? My search was not successful.

Best, Lukas

Austin, P.C., 2009. Balance diagnostics for comparing the distribution of baseline covariates between treatment groups in propensity-score matched samples. Statistics in Medicine, 28(25), pp.3083-3107.

#
Lukas Borkowski
University of London, School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS)

M: [email protected]