st: AW: atrho0 option

From   "Meulemann Max" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: AW: atrho0 option
Date   Wed, 14 Aug 2013 10:22:16 +0000

So just in case anyone else has that question again.

Defining the matrix is defining a vector
So any
matrix V=(rho21, rho31,...) up to M(M-1)/2

And then properly define the colnames
matrix colnames V=atrho21:_cons atrho_31_cons               (no brackets apparently)
According to the rhos given in V for which you would like to predefine values.

So if I have 3 equation and I would like to predefine rho21 and rho32, I write
matrix V=(0.3, 0.2)
matrix colnames V=atrho21_cons atrho32:_cons
mvprobit (y1 x) (y2 x), atrho0(V)

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von Meulemann Max
Gesendet: Dienstag, 13. August 2013 16:39
An: [email protected]
Betreff: st: atrho0 option

Im using stata 12 and would like to use the atrho0() option of mvprobit

Im having a hard time defining the matrix for this and I really cannot find any example although there have been thread on this here before.

Say I have 3 equations I want to estimate with mvprobit mvprobit (y1 x) (y2 x) (y3 x)

How do I predefine the right matrix and the matrix colnames command to estimate

mvprobit (y1 x) (y2 x) (y3 x), atrho0(test)

do i define?
matrix test= ( 1 ,r21, r31 \ r21, 1, r32 \ r31, r32, 1)

what do I do for the matrix colnames ?

Best
Max