st: FW: interpretation of interactions - logistic regression random intercept model

From   Caroline Wilson <[email protected]>
Subject   st: FW: interpretation of interactions - logistic regression random intercept model
Date   Wed, 14 Aug 2013 04:02:18 +0000

Hi Stata listserv,
I ran a random-intercept logistic regression model and am now trying to interpret some interactions in the model. I've laid out the model and the my proposed interpretations of each of the Odds ratios.
In particular, I am not sure whether my interpretation of Group 2 × Time, Group 3 × Time & Group 4 × Time are correct. Would anyone be able to comment on this?
thank you in advance for any help!
Caroline

Groups are categorical variables; Time is continuous (default category = group 1):

Variables and proposed interpretations:

Group 2 OR: OR for Group 2 when time=0

Group 3 OR: OR for Group 3 when time=0

Group 4 OR: OR for Group 4 when time=0

Time: OR for time when Group 2, 3 and 4 are all 0

Group 2 × Time OR: Difference in slopes of time between Group 2=1 and Group 2=0 when groups 3 and 4 are 0??

Group 3 × Time OR: Difference in slopes of time between Group 3=1 and Group 3=0 when groups 2 and 4 are 0??

Group 4 × Time OR: Difference in slopes of time between Group 4=1 and Group 4=0 when groups 2 and 3 are 0??