st: Forcing absolute file paths in output

From   Martin Rune Hansen <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Forcing absolute file paths in output
Date   Tue, 13 Aug 2013 17:03:40 +0200

Dear all

Is there a way to force Stata to always write abolute file paths in
the output panel? For exsample, if I export a graph I want Stata to
output

(file C:\Users\myuser\Documents\Graph.pdf written in PDF format)

instead of

(file Graph.pdf written in PDF format)

I realize that I can make Stat write the full path if I myself specify
an absolute path, but that is not what I am after. I want to be able
to type commands using relative paths and have Stata respond with the
absolute path. Is this possible? Thank you in advance.

Regards,
      Martin Hansen
      Department of Public Health, University of Aarhus, Denmark