Re: Re: st: a user-written program for clustering SE on more than one clustering variable?

Subject   Re: Re: st: a user-written program for clustering SE on more than one clustering variable?
Date   Sat, 10 Aug 2013 07:47:58 -0500

As far as I can recall, a couple of years back Austin Nichols and I
looked into this, and found that -cmgreg- replaces some negative
values on the diagonal by zeroes. That way, the users does not really
know (1) when the model assumed by the estimator is wrong, as would
have been evidenced by a negative variance / missing standard error,
(2) how many degrees of freedom are left for the estimator once some
of them are taken out (which is a sore point in clustered standard
errors). So use at your own risk.

-- Stas Kolenikov, PhD, PStat (ASA, SSC)
-- Senior Survey Statistician, Abt SRBI
-- Opinions stated in this email are mine only, and do not reflect the
position of my employer
-- http://stas.kolenikov.name