Re: st: How to drop a repeated word in different label variables

From   Federico Belotti <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: How to drop a repeated word in different label variables
Date   Fri, 9 Aug 2013 13:05:56 +0200

A solution could be

gen newvar = regexr(oldvar, "Average Speed ", "")

HTH,
Federico

On Aug 9, 2013, at 12:59 PM, Alice Guerra wrote:

> Dear Statalists,
>
> in my dataset, I have different variables whose labels have the same initial words (Average Speed), as follows:
>
> x1 "Average Speed car 1"
> x2 "Average Speed car 2"
> x3 "Average Speed car 3"
>
> I would like to drop "Average Speed" from all the variables labels. The result I would like to reach is as follows:
>
> x1 "car 1"
> x2 "car 2"
> x3 "car 3"
>
> Any suggestion will be very helpful.
>
> Thank you in advance for your time
>
> Alice Guerra

Federico Belotti, PhD
Research Fellow
Centre for Economics and International Studies
University of Rome Tor Vergata
tel/fax: +39 06 7259 5627
e-mail: [email protected]
web: http://www.econometrics.it