Re: st: Trouble with maxcnt command as part of prvalue calculations

Subject   Re: st: Trouble with maxcnt command as part of prvalue calculations
Date   Mon, 05 Aug 2013 17:15:16 -0500

prvalue calls _pepred.ado. The code for that includes the following:

    *check if `maxcnt' specified to acceptable value
    local max_i = `maxcnt'  /* how should this be set */
    if `max_i' < 0 | `max_i' > 30 {
        di in r "maxcnt() value not allowed"
        exit 198
    }

If you have this desperate need to go above 30 I suppose you could tweak the code. I can't find my copy of Long and Freese's book but maybe it explains why they set a limit of 30.