Re: st: How to estimate Fixed and random effects for a long panel dataset.

From   Herman Haugland <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: How to estimate Fixed and random effects for a long panel dataset.
Date   Sat, 3 Aug 2013 21:23:29 +0200

Thank you for answering James!

I am trying to estimate beta(equity) from data from 5 banks.  My model
looks like this:

Just in case it helps, my model looks something like this:

beta = L.leverage L.ROA L.RWAA  i.year  D(ummy) L.LeverageD L.ROAD L.RWAAD

* Given my data, 4 of the banks have very similar characteristics,
therefore the Dummy asks: Is this bank A (0) or bank B (1)?
* RWAA = Risk-weighted assets / Average total assets

I have 5 banks, 61 quarters, and 16-1=15 year-dummies.

The original study, on which I am basing my methodology, has a model like this:

beta =  L.leverage  // The authors controlled for additional
variables, but found them not significant.

* 6 banks, 38 half-years, 19-1=18 year-dummies.

As for the clustering problem, is completely related to the fact that
I have a long panel.  In this case, vce(cluster id) just doesn't work.

As for using a VAR, there I have no expertise whatsoever.  Would you
say that it's the only, or best option given my data?

Thanks.

Med vennlig hilsen / Best regards,

Hernan Aros

Contact Information: