st: RE: percentile across variables

From   "Impavido, Gregorio" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: percentile across variables
Date   Thu, 1 Aug 2013 13:04:01 +0000

I would start with -help egen- and look for functions like -rowmean()-, -rowmedian(), rowpctile(), etc.

Gregorio

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of [email protected]
Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2013 4:57 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: percentile across variables

dear sirs, I have what probably it is a basic question but I cannot solve it.
My database is formated as follows

ID                var1           var2            var3
var4                   var...
aa1              4                4.5              6.7
atd3             6.5             3.1              7.2
ujd2             9.5             6.1              2.9

The different variables are the measurement of the effect on the same treatment conducted in slightly different ways. What i would be interested to know is how to compute some descriptive statistics (percentile and averages) on how the same subject reacted to the different treatments. Otherwise said, i should calculate the descriptive statistic horizontally while variables are arranged vertically. Is this possible in stata?

Thanks a lot,
Jibo