Re: st: Re: st: How do I suppress computation of standard errors in stata gmm function?

From   Howard Smith <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Re: st: How do I suppress computation of standard errors in stata gmm function?
Date   Thu, 1 Aug 2013 09:20:39 +0000

Hi Mike

Thank for your reply.

> When you run the estimator once, how much time elapses between the

> final iteration and displaying results? That would be an upper bound

> on the time savings from eliminating the standard error calculation.

I did this upper bound check, and in fact that's why I wanted to turn off the standard errors.

Quite a lot of time elapses after the last iteration and the computation of standard errors: several minutes. Even though I supply analytical gradients.
I am not sure why it takes so long,
perhaps because I have a lot of parameters (50) and a very large dataset.

It's a pity they can't be switched off.

Howard

PS I hope I have responded to this reply correctly. I am a new statalist person, and I am not sure how to reply to people, given that I signed up to statalist in "digest" mode.

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 9:40 AM, Michael Barker