[no subject]

forval y=1990/2000 {
   preserve
   keep if year==`y'
   do coolstuff.do
   restore
}

Coolstuff.do is what you are asking about, but it is now going to be
simpler, since it does not have to worry about the time dimension.

Also you don't specify whether the computations with matrices are
symmetric. In other words if you have done your computations with ALB
vs GBR, do you need to do GBR vs ALB?

Best, Sergiy