Re: st: Suppressing -log- in Linux batch mode

From   Michael Barker <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Suppressing -log- in Linux batch mode
Date   Wed, 31 Jul 2013 10:03:54 -0400

You could try "run" instead of "do", like this:

nohup stata -b run mydofile &

This will not stop the log from being created, but the log will only
have the Stata start-up text. This is the same behavior you would get
with quietly{ }

If you don't want the log file to show up at all, you could delete it
from within the do-file. You could pass an option to the do-file so
you could control this behavior from the command line. Your do-file
would look like this:

--top of file--

args log

-- your do-file --

if "`log'"=="nolog" {
! rm mydofile.log
}

--end of file--

Then, in linux, use one of these batch mode commands:

# With log:
nohup stata -b do mydofile &

# No log:
nohup stata -b run mydofile nolog &