Re: st: Stata13 - saveold modifications

Subject   Re: st: Stata13 - saveold modifications
Date   Thu, 25 Jul 2013 18:25:28 -0400

David, you can do this in Stata 12:

use13 "mydata13.dta"      // to read data saved in Stata13 format
saveold "mydata10.dta"   // to save data in Stata 9/10 format

The -use13- is a user-written command (by me) and available from SSC.
Details here:
http://radyakin.org/transfer/use13/use13.htm

Or you could save from Stata into something else, like a CSV file or a
SAS XPORT file. Both can
be imported with ease to SPSS.

Since you seem to have an SPSS program, could you please confirm which
highest version of Stata files it can import? Use the datasets from
the manual, see a bunch of direct links below, e.g. take auto.dta from
each of them. some files may have not been updated, so make a note of
which one it fails to read.

Are there many people who need to transfer data from Stata to SPSS?

Also, can anybody provide me with an auto.dta saved in SPSS 21's new
format (compressed one, added in the 21 version?) thank you!

Best, Sergiy Radyakin

http://www.stata-press.com/data/r12/r.html
http://www.stata-press.com/data/r11/r.html
http://www.stata-press.com/data/r10/r.html