st: ST: overdisperson with multinomial outcomes

From   Ronald McDowell <[email protected]>
Subject   st: ST: overdisperson with multinomial outcomes
Date   Tue, 23 Jul 2013 10:26:10 +0000

Hello list members

I am working with a dataset in which the outcome variable is multinomial (outcomes coded 0,1,2,3).
The data is at the individual level, i.e. there is no grouped data and one observation for each participant.

I am aware that when working with individual binary observations overdispersion is not relevant. Does the same happen when working with individual level multinomial outcomes or can overdispersion be present? If so, I'd be grateful for any pointers in STATA as to how one can begin to assess this.

Many thanks
Ron