Re: st: Double-click to open .doh file

Subject   Re: st: Double-click to open .doh file
Date   Mon, 22 Jul 2013 13:19:48 -0400

Stata can open multiple files (data, code, graphs). So it needs not
only the file name, but also an action verb to know what to do with
it. in your case the proper action would be: doedit.
Windows does not expect this behavior. It thinks that the program
would decide itself what to do with the file. So what windows does is
it runs something like:

c:\program files\myprog\myprog.exe d:\data\mydata.doh

while you want

c:\program files\myprog\myprog.exe doedit d:\data\mydata.doh

This can be adjusted in the registry.

Best, Sergiy