Re: R: st: Population attributable fractions (PAFs) in discrete-time survival analysis. -punaf-

From   Angelo Belardi <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: R: st: Population attributable fractions (PAFs) in discrete-time survival analysis. -punaf-
Date   Wed, 17 Jul 2013 00:20:05 +0200

Roger, thanks a lot for the detailed answers and all the effort.

After a discussion with my colleagues, I have a few follow-up
questions on the subject:

A:  In your last reply you spoke about Cox regression. Would these
statements also apply to hazard models with a
non-parametric baseline hazard function (using -cloglog-)?

B: We work with person-period formatted datasets we got from
reorganising our initial data. Does that have an influence on the
results we get out of -punaf- or can the results be interpreted
similarly?

C: How would the resulting AHFs have to be interpreted? Are they
time-independent as suggested by Samuelsen and Eide (2008) in their
Equation 4? And could these be interpreted in line with the WHO
definition of PAFs, as a "proportional reduction in the hazard ratio"?

Best regards and thanks already for any further help
Angelo