Re: st: mi impute chained troubleshooting

From   Jacob McDermott <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: mi impute chained troubleshooting
Date   Tue, 16 Jul 2013 16:50:29 -0500

Thank you for the response.

The error I received was:

mi impute: VCE is not positive definite
The posterior distribution from which mi impute drew the imputations for ldl_all is not proper when the VCE estimated from the observed data is not positive definite. This may happen, for example, when the number of parameters exceeds the number of observations. Choose an alternate imputation model. error occurred during imputation of educacion height hba1c_all glucose_all hdl_all ldl_all tc_all triglyc_all crp_all obesidad tension corazon diabetes smoke1 exercise1
on m = 1
 -- above applies to female = no

Concerning your suggestions:
tc_all is not an arthimetic sum of hdl and ldl, but your -omit- comment helped me come up with the following model:

mi impute chained (ologit) educacion (regress, omit( tc_all )) height hba1c_all glucose_all hdl_all ldl_all triglyc_all crp_all (regress) tc_all (logit) obesidad tension corazon diabetes smoke1 exercise1, add(5) by(female)

This ran without any errors.

Thanks for the help,
Jacob