RE: st: RE: ivreg2 questions (shea r2 and AP Statistic)

Subject   RE: st: RE: ivreg2 questions (shea r2 and AP Statistic)
Date   Tue, 16 Jul 2013 21:16:30 +0000

Vidhya,

You might want to have a look at the discussion in the Angrist-Pischke book.  The AP F test is really meant for the case where you have one endogenous regressor of interest, some others that are not of interest, and you want an F stat for just the first regressor.

If all 3 regressors are of interest, then you (also) want to be looking at a test of whether all 3 are jointly identified.  This would be the usual underidentification (or weak identification) test stats.

HTH,
Mark