st: Goodness-of-fit tests after -gsem-

From   Bloomberg Jenny <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Goodness-of-fit tests after -gsem-
Date   Sat, 13 Jul 2013 02:41:25 -0400

Hello,

I have a question about goodness-of-fit tests with gsem. (I don't have
any specific models in mind; it's a general question.)

I'm now reading the Stata 13 manual, and noticed that postestimation
commands such as -estat gof-, -estat ggof-, and -estat eqgof- can only
be used after -sem-, and not after -gsem-. This means that
goodness-of-fit statistics like RMSEA cannot be obtained when you use
gsem.

Then, how can I test goodness-of-fit if I use -gsem- to analyse a
non-linear, generalized SEM with latent variables?

I know that AIC and BIC are still available after -gsem- (by -ic-
option), but they are not for judging fit in absolute terms but for
comparing the fit of different models. What I'd like to know is if
there are any practical ways to judge the goodness-of-fit of the model
in absolute terms.

Best,
Jenny