st: Not able to use xtwest or xtmpg command due to (ado)file

From   Sissy Tuken <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Not able to use xtwest or xtmpg command due to (ado)file
Date   Fri, 12 Jul 2013 12:12:25 +0200

Dear all,
For my research I use a panel data set which consist of 23 countries and a period of 30 years for each country. To use Granger Causality method, I have to check on the stationary of the variables I will use. Also, I have to check on panel cointegration. For this, I want to use the command - xtwest- and/or -xtmpg-. However, as I want to run these commands, STATA denotes that these are unrecognized commands. So I want to install these packages. However, STATA then denotes that such a file already exists on the computer. I cannot delete those files for which STATA says 'this file already exists' (I have not access to these files). I also tried to uninstall the package using 'ado uninstall xtwest' and then to reinstall it again. However, STATA mentions that the package is not found.
I've alsot tried to see which xtwest is installed by using command 'which xtwest' but got the error that the command xtwest was not found as it is 'either built-in or ado-file' (which is the last).
Can someone help me with this problem. I need to circument the problem in another way.
Thank you in advance!
With kind regards,
Sissy